Friday, January 16, 2009

Dixieland Acres

We decided on a name for our little farm - Dixieland Acres - in memory of my grandmother, Dixie, who gave us the land. She was an amazing woman & is definitely missed.

Here is the current tally at "Dixieland Acres":

Goats - 4 boer goats




2 peacocks - Sapphire & Priscilla



26 Chickens & 1 rooster named Lucky






4 guinea hens (our feathered "watch dogs")



6 ducks (3 Pekin & 3 Muscovy)



2 dogs (George & Rex)


3 cats - Marshmallow, Gizzy & Patches (plus a stray that's trying to take up residence outside)



Well - that's it for Dixieland Acres for now. We'll be adding 2 more goats in about a week & 2 hogs next month (Danielle will be showing one of the hogs in the 4H sale & show in May).

3 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Lisa! I love these pictures of your animals! So cute! I would LOVE to have so many critter friends, but I'm not very good at taking care of them! LOL! Better concentrate on the kids for now! LOL!

Unknown said...

Wow! What beautiful animals. Your pics are awesome. Thanks for stopping at my blog. I'm honored that you liked my pages!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Oh gosh, you have some delightful animals there. Luv the name you've chosed for your farm.