Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring in Bloom

Carrie at Scrapdango posted a blog challenge to take some spring photos. I always look forward to taking spring photos - especially everything in bloom. Daffodils are usually some of the first blooms in our area & one of my favorites. Danielle loves to pick them & we usually have a fresh bouquet of them in our kitchen as long as they're blooming. We went to my cousin's property where the woods & fields are full of daffodils & took lots of photos. I also had no idea until this year that there is a lacy daffodil (the ones Danielle's holding) - I love how unique they are & will be going back to dig up some bulbs so I can add them to the daffodil collection in my yard for next spring.


Another spring favorite are the camelia blooms. I remember picking these in my grandmother's yard when I was little & Danielle has grown up loving her great-grandmother's camelia bushes also. We picked some of the Camelia's in my grandmother's yard to take to her in the nursing home & also took some photos while we were there.



4 comments:

Jackie Plank said...

Love the photos, nice to see that someone has spring flowers instead of snow.

just lisa said...

Such sweet pictures of your daughter with the flowers - she looks so pretty!!

Bet you can't wait to scrapbook them, huh?

Scrapdango Monthly Kit Club said...

Beautiful photos! They deserve a scrapbook page!
Carrie, Scrapdango

Taryn said...

GORGEOUS photos! And by the way...you've been tagged. Check my blog!